Pages

Friday, October 26, 2007

Hooray for the Clarkson's!

I am currently reading Educating the WholeHearted Child and Heartfelt Discipline by the Clay and Sally Clarkson, who incidentally are hs'ers residing in beautiful Colorado. I cannot rave enough about the amount of very useful information I have found in both books. Wow! They have been so helpful in providing tangible ways to educate your child with a solid foundation without the use of curriculum. In addition, the discipline book speaks to parents about teaching our children the ways of life by speaking to their heart. In particular, I love how Clay Clarkson talks about not expecting adult behavior from children. It seems so obvious, yet I know I've fallen into this trap time and time again.

We are fully enjoying continuing to read a great deal of books, including If Jesus Came to my House by Joan Gale Thomas. Great read.

We're looking at curriculum for the kids for next fall already. Some definites include: Story of the World (C), MathUSee(C), and Before Five in a Row for Isabella. Still researching for Language Arts, Spelling, and Fine Arts for C. A great site for finding good literature (not twaddle) for children?

No comments: