Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wow, it's been awhile...


It's been over a month since I blogged about our hs'ing adventures and the goings on of our family. We took an impromptu trip to Albuquerque to visit my family there for Thanksgiving. It was such a blessing and God really healed a lot of hurts there. I am so grateful for His mercy.

I started a part time job in November in an effort to put us closer to being debt free. I work for an amazing family in Thornton, being a nanny to their twin boys. Of course, I could only do it if I could bring my two children, so they go with me 2 1/2 days a week. We homeschool there during their nap time. It's been a great experience.

We stayed home for the Christmas holiday. We had a beautiful white Christmas. We are so very thankful for this warm home, especially with the snow we've been getting here North of Denver. Not quite like last year, but it's been white enough. This week we're headed for a thaw for a couple days. It's bittersweet, really, watching the snow melt off, but allowing the kids a moment to run around outside for an extended period of time.

We were able to visit with a dear friend we had not seen in three years!! It's hard to think it's been that long since we've seen Kathy, Valen and Andres. They were enjoying Italy. Although, I know they were sad to leave, we're glad that they're here and look forward to our future visits with them.

We are all learning on our hs'ing journey. I'm trying very hard with some very handy advice from the Mama's at http://gentlechristianmothers.com/ to be more relaxed with our hs'ing. I tend to get caught up in making sure Cristian is getting enough exposure to things that I tend to be overbearing. :( So, we are easing off a bit. Sticking with the basics for now and trying to put the fun back into it.

The next year brings some changes for us. We are anticipating a move from this beautiful area. I am sad to leave, as are the children. Ron is ready for a new job, although he will miss Colorado, too. We are hoping to go to Washington State, but we'll see what God has in store for us.

No comments: