Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I should've been a cowgirl...



Isn't this print sweet? I love Michael Miller fabrics. I covered an antique rocking chair for Isabella in his Paris Girls print. I love it.

Anyhow, the reason for this post is not to wax poetic about beautiful fabrics, but to write about our move. We'll probably be leaving by the end of January. It seems so close, so soon. We'll be headed back to Fort Hood, TX, in Killeen. It is the first duty station we went to after Ron and I got married, awwww!!! It's about 60 miles from Austin, so we're close by to a major city. We'll also be pretty close to an Ikea. I'm probably far more excited about the Ikea than is healthy. We won't be selling our home here in Westminster because the market is so bad. We're still recovering in these parts from the housing crisis. So, we've opted to rent out. I hope that the folks we rent to will be gentle to our casita while we're gone. Another upside to our move is the possibility of having a larger home. We live in a 1000 square foot house. I love it, I really do. It's great for upkeep. However, there's not a whole lot of storage space & I often get claustrophobic by our stuff, although we've purged A LOT since we've been here. So, I'm hoping this will be alleviated a bit by a few hundred more square feet. Maybe I'll even have room for a studio. Hey, a girl can dream...

3 comments:

Census said...

I love the print, the rocker must look terrific!!
I hope the move goes well without to much upheaval and that the renters are kind to your house.

Unknown said...

Umm...January is way too soon!! You can't go that soon. :(

Oh and I love that fabric too! I made a blanket from it for David.

Jennifer said...

Good luck with the move! We were at Ft Hood from 2000-2002. We bought a house out in Copperas Cove (past the roller rink). Luckily, we were able to sell it when we left. Now we bought another house here in Alaska. I hope the market improves before we have to leave here in a year and half so that we can avoid renting.

IKEA, what's IKEA? Just kidding - haven't been to one for a LONG time though :( We don't even have a Target here - the closest one is about 5 hours away!!