Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #16

Are you all ready for this week's Be Inspired Challenge at Cuttlebug Challenges? Well, take out your distressing tool & some ephemera! This week's challenge involves distressing! One of my very favorite things to do. There is some GORGEOUS work at CB Challenge Blog, so go check it out! I know, I'm going to be playing with some paper today! Such inspiring work!

Here's my take on this week's challenge:



My dear faraway friend, Chimene also inspired me this week. Her comment about taking everyday patterns from around you led me to scan a robe that my mom bought for me. This was Mom's birthday card for last week, and I just LOVE the floral pattern on this robe, so it became the bottom of my card. Thanks, Chimene!

Red & white damask paper~ jenni bowlin
I used the damask embossing folder for the top half.
The vintage chicken image & ledger paper are from The Vintage Moth. See the graphic to your right.
Amy Butler rosette.
Tim Holtz distressing ink.
Making Memories "mother" embellishment.


The rest is from my craft supply.

20 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful design. I love what you did with the floral pattern on the bottom, and the distressing. Great idea!!

Ingrid said...

Sounds great. I'll stop by to check the challenges.

Eva said...

This is soooo beautiful! I love the design, the papers and your distressing is awesome!

Allison said...

fab card, great colours
AllisonX

SueStampin Daly said...

Very pretty. It really looks old and from Europe

Carol said...

What an unusual shape, i love it! The chicken is fab too...i love chickens :)

Hugs
Carol x

Ali Watson said...

This is fab, love it.

Unknown said...

I love your challenge on top of our DT challenge Tina. I really like this shape. Your work is just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I really love that you took this challenge to another level by using something that inspired you from around you. Your work is gorgeous as usual. :)

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Very unique and I love it!! I am going to have to check the challenge out!!

Chimene said...

So great you made your own paper from a scan of your robe. I really love this! What beautiful and sweet gift for your mam!! Beautiful shape and colors!!!

Thanks Girl:)
XXXX Chimene

Chimene said...

And I love your Banner:)

Casii said...

Love the card and using the robe scan!

Libby Dyson said...

this is lovely and thanks for sharing. I love the blog hop idea too. Thanks again

LORi said...

So very pretty Tina!! Your work is Amazing!!

Deb M. said...

Beautiful card. Love it!!

TFS...

Peet said...

sooo very beautiful, Tina!!! Love it!!!

Alisa Noble said...

That's a brilliant idea Tina! The card is gorgeous!!!

Lulu said...

So so beautiful! Love how soft it feels :)

Lisa said...

I love the soft, vintage feel of this...and how awesome to scan the robe. That piece of inspiration is certainly something I will have to incorporate into a layout very soon!