Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not Back-to-School Blog Hop: Day-in-the-Life Week

For this week's blog hop, Darcy wants us to show a day in the life of our home schools. I have tried making out schedules and following them to no avail. They look so pretty and are fun to sit down and make out, but I've just found myself frustrated because I don't stick to them. Instead, we have a general routine. And it goes a little something like this...

Wake up. This usually happens around 8am. I am blessed to have children that are not early risers.

Eat breakfast. I check email while the kids eat & I drink my breakfast- coffee. Dr. Oz would not approve.

Dress, brush teeth & do hair.

C gets his independent work done & out of the way- math, independent reading, copywork- while I work with Bella.

Then we sit together somewhere comfortable to get the rest of the lessons done (geography, Bible, Science).

I really try to have the great lot of it done by lunch. Then we are free to have time for playdates, free time, whathaveyou.

Tada! That's the jist of our day! :)

No comments: