Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Leftover Turkey & a Cold Day Makes For...

Why Green Chile Stew of course. We here in New Mexico take great pride in our chile. Our official State Question is: Red or Green? Chile, that is. We had tons of turkey left over from our Turkey Day so I stole borrowed some from my folks and proceeded to make some Gren Chile Stew as it is frigid cold & my BFF insists on dragging me out to watch the Twinkle Parade. It didn't help, either, that my cousin said I'd be there & asked for pictures of the twinkling low riders. You just can't make this stuff up.

Green Chile Chicken Stew
2 1/2 c. turkey cut into bite sized pieces
5c. water + 4 tsps. chicken bouillon
8oz. green chile
1 zucchini, diced
2 potatoes, diced
1/2 onion, diced (yellow, white or bermuda onion)
Corn kernels 1 cup

Number of people served by the recipe: 4.


Bring water & bouillon to a boil, add onion. Add potatoes & cook about 15 mins. Add zucchini & corn & cook until all veggies are tender. Add turkey & cook until heated.

I love this with crusty bread, preferably in my PJs on cold days like these, but I have a parade to see. Hope you all are staying warm & comfy on this Fall day.

No comments: