Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Soup Soup Soup

I love these gloomy days that just yell, "Soup!" Especially when I'm doing my best to will away a cold. Today I'm making this yummy concoction per my Cristian's request. The only thing missing is my Ron. He's such a good cuddler for days like these.


Olive Garden® Zuppa Toscana

Makes: 6-8 servings

INGREDIENTS
•1 lb ground Italian sausage (I used Turkey Sausage today)
•1½ tsp crushed red peppers
•1 large diced white onion
•4 Tbsp bacon pieces
•2 tsp garlic puree
•10 cups water
•5 cubes of chicken bouillon
•1 cup heavy cream
•1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
•¼ of a bunch of kale
1.Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.

2.In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic over low-medium heat for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3.Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it starts to boil.

4.Add the sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5.Add the heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
6.Stir in the sausage and the kale, let all heat through and serve.

And this little ditty came on the radio today. C caught me belting it out in the kitchen while I was whipping up the soup.



Hope you're keeping warm & snuggling with your loved ones this Autumn Saturday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to share a read a bit about you Tina..
I`m def with ya on the coffee!!TFS:)

Anonymous said...

Think I left that last comment on the wrong post!!!ooops...
Soup sounds good too..
Enjoy the rest of your weekend Tina:)x

j said...

We made chili this weekend for the first time this season. Your soup sounds GOOD!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

oooh, I had this at Olive Garden last month! SOOO fabulous! With turkey sausage, I think everyone but my youngest would eat it! Thanks!