Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sometimes you need a little something-something...

It seems like I've been in this weird void of sorts. It started after Thanksgiving. Maybe it's because I was sick, maybe it's because it's been cold & the kids haven't been getting out much. I don't know. What I do know is that even when my mind doesn't specifically think it, even when I don't even know I need it, God hears what I need. He has a way of reaching me, even if I haven't exactly been reaching out to Him.

Today, I was checking my email one last time before leaving the house. I know you all have heard me speak of Darcy. She's a lovely, spunky, talented fellow homeschooler. Today she posted this letter, and it spoke to me in so many ways. I sat for a moment awed and amazed that THIS is what I needed to hear, right here, right now where I stand. I wanted to share it with other Mamas I know who read this who are on the same homeschooling journey. Even some who may not homeschool will find this truthful, honest, and refreshing. Thanks, Darcy.

4 comments:

Auntie Cake said...

Yep, the same goes for all of us, homeschooler's or not. My tree tipped over yesterday, the Christmas storage bins are lying all around the house, and I picked this week to try and clean out our closets. If you had a glimpse into my house, you would know, I'm not even close to having it all together!

Take care, enjoy those kiddo's!
Kate

Darcy @ m3b said...

xoxoxo!

- Darcy

Cassie said...

Thank you for sharing that, Tina. I needed that as well, today especially. So much so, that I have been wondering how much longer I can do this. I laugh in knowing that I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this way.

I've thought that maybe I should devote at least some of my blog to homeschool, but I don't think I will. It's my one place that's all for me. I know that is selfish, but with homeschool, deployments, house cleaning & cooking. . .this is my one place. Thanks for your encouragement ;D

Alisa Noble said...

It's so nice when something you need comes along at just the right time like that!