Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Creative Therapy

Today I went to see my mom. She's been hospitalized since Sunday and she had surgery yesterday. My heart ached to see her so fragile. There were tubes everywhere. She could barely move without going through excruciating pain. I think I might have convinced her that it was okay to push the button that gives her the pain medication. Thank you all so so much for your well wishes and prayers. I pray she'll continue to improve and be home soon.

It might seem strange to create a card when there's so much going on, but it was certainly therapeutic. I found this really sweet digi stamp set on Two Peas. I love digi kits because I don't have to worry about actually putting stamp to ink. I still struggle with it. I used Laura's Sketch from 2S4Y for the card.



{paper} Girl's Paperie (of course LOL)

I found this wonderful seam binding & waxed string at our local store Papers! in Nob Hill. The store is absolute eye candy wherever you look & I always want everything when I go in there. Also, it's locally owned, so I feel somewhat justified in my trim indulgence.

We are being blessed again by Spring rains that always leave me surprises of small sprouts when I take my pup out the next morning. I pray you all have a lovely day.

18 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh, Tina, I'm so sorry to hear that your mother is going through what she is going through. I pray that she recovers quickly, and that you will continue to be a strength for her. Keep finding your therapy where you need it. Blessings to you ;)

Kathy Martin said...

Sew very cute! Love the way you added your own 'thread'! :)

Laura Davis said...

Awwww I LOVE this :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Cindy Lee said...

This is too adorable Tina! I have to check out those digi image from 2 Peas :)

I hope your mom will recover soon. Just to let you know that your are in my thoughts,

Auntie Cake said...

Hope your mom is doing much better tomorrow. And tell her to take it easy when she gets out!

AAAANNNNNDDDD, tomorrow I leave for Dallas for a game, so I won't be around to count down those last days, but ENJOY THE HOMECOMING!!! Have someone take loads of pictures for you! Yeah!!!!!!!! You made it!!!! I know he will enjoy your abs!!!

Kate
And I love the sewing machine!

cnelson said...

Ohhhh myyyy this is sososoooooo cute! LOVE it in every way!!!

jacque4u2c said...

I am sorry about your Mon, know you are in my thoughts (both of you!)

I love the card - it "sew" cute!

Heather P. said...

This is SO beautiful! I hope your mom feels better soon! *HUGS*

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh sew sweet Tina :) What a darling card! Great way to rock the sketch challenge!

Alisa Noble said...

Oh, I've been so far behind! I'm so sorry about your Mom. I'll be praying for all of you, that she is much better soon Tina!
Big ol' hugs to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
Your card is `Beautiufl`
continued prayers for your Mams speedy recovery..
Many Blessings:)x

Auntie Cake said...

My goodness, those 60 days have dragged on for forever, I don't know how you could stand it! Only one day now.... I hope the reunion is the best thing on earth... We had better not hear from you for a week because you are soaking in every moment!
Kate
PS-take loads of pictures... and hope you mom is doing better!!!

Brandi said...

GAH! I'm trying to catch up... so sorry to hear about your mom. Tell her to click away with those pain meds!!! I'll say a prayer for her. I hope she's out of the hospital and 100% very soon. :)

Adorable card, BTW... love the little sewing machine!

Auntie Cake said...

Y-E-A-H!!! The day is finally here! Whew! You all made it!!! Congrats and I hope you are having the time of your life! A wonderful day!!!
Kate

Chimene said...

So sorry to hear about your mom is in the hospital!
I hope she will recover soon!!!!

What a sweet en cute stamp!! Love it!

Take care!
xxxx
Chimene

Samantha said...

Hey Tina, just thinking about you and hoping that your mom is getting better. xox samantha

Silvia said...

I just stop by to see if there were any updates about your mom. Hope she is feeling better by now.

Hugs,

Jenny said...

Soo cute!! LOVE IT!! Hope you will come by and play this week in my challenge... I posted a new one today. And I will have some awesome prizes coming up in the next few challenges!! :) :) :) :) :) :) have a great weekend!! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!