Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

be gone!

I stumbled upon be more with less through a minimalist digi blog I frequent {paislee press}. I know weird, right? I stack all kinds of embellishments on my cards, but I'm a minimalist? I have no explanation.

Anyhow, I loved this post at be more with less. The challenge is {per the blog post}:


The Basics

  • When: January 1 – March 31, 2011 (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
  • What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
  • What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or other sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear,  and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
  • How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.
  • What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.

I know I'm game. No, I'm not a "professional" needing suits or other gear to be in the greater workforce, but I'm a mom/homeschooler. There are certainly bits that I can eliminate in my wardrobe...if I have more than 33 pieces to choose from. Okay, I  have a shoe addiction that needs to be addressed... 

This is a great start to a wonderful 2011!