Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

My little piece of heaven

I almost forgot how good it feels to disappear into a good book. It's been so long since I've picked up a book for the sole purpose of reading for enjoyment! Don't get me wrong, I love reading about parenting and homeschooling, but to read something outside of those subjects has been unheard of for quite some time. I've struggled with how to find the time to indulge in this long lost passion.

Recently Ron and I were able to get the kids to get to sleep at some sort of early time. Don't ask me how, it's just happened. All of our parenting seems to sprout that way, not much of it is planned or scheduled. So, with the two kids snuggly in their own beds (not sure how that happened, either), I have taken up reading with a good cup of gen mai tea and Ron watches Iron Chef or Jaime Oliver. It's wonderful wonderfullness! It's a great way of connecting, really, although we're doing our own thing, we're tucked into our bed, in our PJs, next to each other, with the dog and cat. Really it's a sort of bliss, and I'm grateful for this tonight.

No comments: