Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

HSBA: A Few of My Favorite... Resources


This week I want to invite you to share a few of your favourite things - er - sites. I know the list of favourite things could be never-ending, but I’ve made a list for you to do regarding your favourite homeschool things. Just copy this list and add your favourites underneath the appropriate category. BUT by all means you’re welcome to add your other favourite things on the post as well!

I just want to start off by saying that I'm totally new to a lot of blogging stuff, so some of these questions I really won't have any answers for (although, I'm checking out the wealth of info other HSBA bloggers have written~ you all are SO knowledgeable!). So please bear with me...

Magazines/Carnivals - in print or online I love The Old Schoolhouse. It has a lot of different perspectives. As far as printed magazines, I love Real Simple, and anything that can help me to get a meal on the table in less than 45 minutes. ;)

Freebie sites - any sites that offer freebies or often have giveaways This past summer was my first experience with a blog that had giveaways. I actually won something off one (and I have no luck in this department)! My best friend got me interested in Ethel Gloves and we discovered Katydid and Kid was giving away a pair. Since then, I like to go back to visit her blog as she has a lot of fun ideas and giveaways! :) As far as freebie sites... In the homeschool realm I love DLTK. We often visit MathUSee's drill page to freshen up on math facts, too. I love that Garden of Praise has pieces of art in one place, and lessons to go along! I hope to really start using this site more in the coming year. The Baldwin Project is great for classic stories online. I'm sure there are a whole lot more I'm going to find from this meme :)

I love digital scrapbooking. So some sites I love to go to and find freebies are: DigiScrapDepot and Ikea Goddess

Forums/book clubs I used to visit the Well Trained Mind, but it's been awhile since I've been there. There is a lot of support and great mamas (and papas) willing to lend their advice homeschooling and otherwise. When my munchkins were younger, I would visit Gentle Christian Mothers. I haven't really visited many forums as of late. Uh, Oh might be looking into that. ;)

As far as book clubs, we do participate in Paperback Swap and BookMooch.com (both links to the right

The Cutest Blog on the Block: Super cute FREE backgrounds and tutorials!!!
Simply Fabulous Blog Templates MORE cute blog templates. :)

Inspirational/encouraging/motivational -
Proverbs 31

Youth/kid - sites geared towards youth/kids or owned by them
Lego Shop
Noggin
PBS Kids

Memes Thus far, I do the ones for HSBA and Heart of the Matter. These usually keep me pretty busy. :)

Organizing/crafts - sites that you look to for organizing tips or crafts
Organizing:

Fly Lady Even if you don't subscribe to her Yahoo List, it's great to check out her detailed cleaning lists :)

Real Simple Everything's so pretty. My house might not ever look like that, but it's kind of nice to see people's houses that do. I'm pretty sure they don't have kids...

Homemaking/Homesteading

All Recipes It has this nifty recipe converter, so if a recipe you want serves 50 and you just need to feed 4, it will convert the measurements for you. I love it!

...that's about the extent...

Bible-focused - sites mainly about God’s Word

Bible Gateway

Homeschool Method - sites that offer a lot of info on a certain method

Charlote Mason:
Ambleside
Simply Charlotte Mason

Other Classical:
Classical Christian Homeschooling

Family blog - sites that give you a glimpse into another family’s life, run by a family

I have a few blogs I love to follow. Most are listed to the right. I really like mylifeinashoe's Xanga (link to the right). She is the mama of 12, and she homeschools!

Also, I enjoy Kysha's encouraging blog.

Businesses, particularly homebased One word Etsy I didn't send you there ;D

If you're like me and love any new resources that might help you in your hs'ing, or Christian, Blogging, Homemaking, or penchant for things handmade, click on the HSBA link to the right. :)

No comments: