Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's hard to let go....

Remember when we were kids & we went up & down the sidewalks in our neighborhood on our bikes w/o a care? Remember when our parents didn't think twice about it? Ron has memories of going into the jungles of the Phillipines, learning from the native Filipinos about how to live off the land. Really I think he was raised by the Swiss Family Robinson. It's harder now that I'm a mama. It's harder to let C out of the house without his mama (I'm still peering out our window every 5 minutes). It's not because I think there's something out there that might hurt him. I mean I used Family Watchdog to clear every house we considered renting here. I think even after eight years it's just hard to let them wander into the great big world (of the front yard LOL) without me there all the time. Sigh!

4 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

It's crazy, isn't it? I felt so happy this past winter when I let my daughter and her friend walk 3 blocks away to go sledding by themselves. I felt such freedom!! But of course, what I let her do at 11, I was doing at 4!

Unknown said...

I am the same way. I still won't let them play in the front yard unless I am out there too. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw Tina...
`Beautiful`...
We never stop worrying about our children...
TFS:) x

LORi said...

I know exactly what you mean Tina!!!!