Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

mi familia

Before my soldier came home he visited his papa & brothers in Guam {where Papa Quinata is from}. Papa Quinata, like my father, served in the U.S. Navy. In fact, Ron and I met {as teenagers} while both our fathers were serving in Yokosuka, Japan.Of the four Quinata boys, three have chosen a career in uniform... John {the oldest Q bro} is an officer in the U.S. Navy... Ronald {my solder} is a Master Sergeant in the U.S. Navy... Robert is a police officer with Escambia County Sheriff's Department.
This is a beautiful picture of all five Quinata men, something that was nearly fifteen years in the making. My Ron went fifteen years between seeing his father who resides in Guam. This is a very special picture.

Inspired by being in his Army dress blues, my soldier requested I hire photographer to capture our immediate family. He particularly wanted a picture in his dress blues with our brood. I took the opportunity to enlist a very talented photographer here in Albuquerque to capture our family. Here are a few of the shots she captured....

If I have readers in Albuquerque and surrounding areas PLEASE consider Holly for your pictures, she's amazing...

1 comment:

Theresa said...

What a great looking family! Beautiful photos!

I love your skirt!!