Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Gardening (because Megan told me to do it)













Okay, it's not much, but it's starting to get going. :) One of these pictures is sunflowers, and they're AT THE MOST, 5" tall. :) The raised bed garden is my Mother's Day/Birthday/Anniversary present from Ron. It's great. I think it's about twice the size of last year. There are onions, squash, beans, potatoes, and tomatoes. :)I'm really excited. Under my lilac bush is the bird bath and the tiny sprouts are shade perennials from a can. Let's all pray they bloom ;) The rose tree is my own Mother's Day gift to myself. I've always wanted one. The Columbine is quickly becoming my favorite flower. It and the Yarrow have just grown by leaps and bounds this year. The Icelandic Poppy is my great bargain of the year. It was in a large pot, set aside in the 99 cent shelves because of some browned leaves. It has proven not just to survive, but to flourish and blooms with the most beautiful multicolored flowers. It's a testament, really.

1 comment:

lavendergardener said...

Okay, I think you've inspired me to try to columbine again. So pretty. Your garden looks great! Isn't it fun!!?