Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bravo, Keira!

Although I could do without the expletives, I appreciate Keira Knightly's stance on being digitally enhanced.

Is Keira Knightley taking a stand for women whose cups don't quite runneth over? So claims the London Daily Mail, which says the willowy, self-image issue-plagued actress, 23, has refused to allow her A-cup assets to be enhanced in promotional shots for her forthcoming costume drama, "The Duchess." "She has insisted that her figure stay in its natural state," a spy tells the paper. "She is proud of her body and doesn't want it altered." Knightley, who in the past has admitted to feelings of cleavage inadequacy ("I would love to have [rhymes with 'bits']," she told Britain's GMTV last year. "I would love to have Monica Bellucci's figure. I'm never going to get it. I'm naturally who I am"), is no stranger to digital bustline boosting. Back in 2004, she received a nonsurgical boob job in ads for "King Arthur," with her bosom going from ho-hum to almost heaving. "Those things certainly weren't mine," Keira was later quoted as saying. "[The studio marketing people] said, 'We want to make them slightly larger, and you'll get approval [of the photos].' And I was, like, 'OK, fine. I honestly don't give a [bleep] -MSN Entertainment

No comments: