Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Our New Schoolroom















I know some folks have enough organizational skills and efficiency to do without a schoolroom. I am not one of those people. For the past three years, I've been trying to go at it at the kitchen table, it was chaos. So, for this year, I opted to convert a room into our school room. This has made such a difference! Yes, it's only been two days, and we also implemented a schedule that begins at wake time, but it's just amazing. One of the things I love is that we're a lot more organized and there's not the omnipresent clutter that there was upstairs. There's an openness that was very needed. The schoolroom has not swallowed that clutter because from the get go everything has had it's place, and I'm trying to be ultra consistent about putting things where they should go. The children enjoy being in here. Cristian knows what is expected of him. Isabella knows if she's to be in here during school time, certain things are expected of her. It's fabulous! I love it! There is one HUGE blank wall that I hope to partly fill with the children's activities, but too I was thinking of putting some sort of inspirational saying, so please feel free to suggest :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Here's a couple grea quotes...

Bertrand Russell:
The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.



Bertrand Russell:
Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].