Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Belated Wishes, Prayers to Request, and Angels to Introduce

For all those who celebrate the holiday, Happy Belated Thanksgiving! We had a very laid back celebration with friends who are like family here in Colorado. Being military, we are often blessed with kin away from home like the Preciados. Ron worked his magic with two wonderful turkeys. It was our first year deep frying a bird so he made a back up traditional style just in case the first did not come out so well, or in case we had to grab a bird and run because he set the house on fire :). Everything turned out very well! I pray your Thanksgiving was a blessed one as well.

Two of my favorite hobbies are card making and digital scrapbooking. I am so inspired by the art of digi scrappers and paper artists out there! While searching for digi scrap material to download, I learned about Bree and her family. I was so touched by their situation and thought I'd post about them so that I could encourage prayer for this family and their baby girl. Sometimes I get so caught up in the lemon aspect of situations, I forget about the lemonade that can emerge. So, BooMama's post today was very timely. She wrote about a group of cardmakers, Amy's Cards for Angels, who share their talents to bless those who are bravely battling cancer. What a blessing!

I'll be back later to share my 27 things I'm thankful for :), prompted by HSBA :) & my grateful heart. I'm off to take on the Black Friday crowds. I know, crazy.

No comments: